English Speech On Bullying

"Many cases of bullying in the U.K go unreported, as the victim is too scared to speak up. But, what about when the bully doesn’t even know they’re doing it and too a certain extent, the victim, doesn’t even know it’s happening? How many of you can honestly say that they have never said anything nasty about someone behind their back? Friend or not? Too be honest, I know I probably have at some point when someone annoyed me so I know I’m not innocent. It’s almost become a part of human nature. But does that make it right?

No. Just because everyone does do it, that doesn’t make it the right thing to do.
Would you stand by and let someone being beaten up?, just because it’s happening anyway? Would you stick up for your friend if someone was being mean about them behind their back? Or would you join in? Would you be a bully?

How many people have had a rumour spread about them? Or know that they have been talked about behind their backs? Probably over half the people here. That’s the sad truth. The fact that we have all been bullied in a way, and we didn’t even realise it.

So, next time you have fallen out with a friend or someone has annoyed you why don’t you talk to them about it. That way, you get the both sides of the story, That way, nobody else gets involves, That way, you probably have a better chance of sorting it out than if you tell everyone else, That way, it doesn’t just become this fresh bit of gossip, it just stays being a small argument, that only the people directly involved know about it, because there is no such thing as a big argument, just a small one that loads of people think they have the right to know about, when in reality, it’s not really there business.

Anyway, In my opinion, any form of bullying is just wrong, but if your victim, are you going to speak up about it? Or if you’re the bully, will you try and stop? Or if your just someone standing by, will you be the one to try and stop it? Because although I doubt it will go away in a hurry, whether we like it or not, but does that mean we shouldn’t be part of trying to stop it?"

-Actually, had to stand up in english and say all that. SO SCARY!
December 2nd, 2008 at 09:57pm