You're the Pop to my Tarts.

Journal,

More Procrastination!! Woot!! Well, this time I'm supposed to be bonding with my immediate family in the living room... hanging wall decorations... yip yip.

So! I'm hiding in the Study for a little longer. What do I want to say... There was this huge issue I wanted to point out...

Oh yeah, I've been thinking about my life lately. This may be a simple lazy spell I'm going through, but I feel that being alive is so bleak and pointless. You are born, you are forced to educate yourself for a laborous life, find a job that you have to do well in order to survive, you pay a great deal of your hard work to necessities and a few on small luxuries, you reproduce, raise your offspring, retire, and then die.

Is that as exciting, exotic, adventurous, delightful, pleasurous, and enjoyable as life should be? Or am I just a pessimist at the moment?

Wouldn't it be better to not be alive?

I've noticed the only times I'm actually having a little hoot is when I'm writing, playing the violin, reading, sculpting, painting, drawing, etc. You know, when I have to focus on expressing my 'creative skills' and improve my abilities to the best I can.

I want to do so many things yet I feel that it'll just be for nothing. [Plus I only have ONE life I'll remember, so I can't do EVERYTHING I want.]

My dad's flipping on the ladder... better go grab the staple gun. Heh Heh heh.

-Maggie
December 4th, 2008 at 02:07am