Mentality on Stereo Radio

Okay.
So.
I'm
Going
To
Be
Philosophical
Here.
Here's the reason why:
When I was talking about Tokio Hotel and Cinema Bizarre in class, one of my frienemies said they looked like fags, especially Bill. I told him they were not and his opinion didn't matter anyway. I continued to talk about TH and CB to another friend of mine (who seemed really interested) and then I said they were from Germany. The guy I talked about who said CB and TH were fags? Yeah, he then said and i quote 'You know, Nazisim came from Germany.' and that just ticked me off.
This is where I get philosophical or some automatic weed talk here.
Just because a band came from a country that was home to the Holocaust or Hitler, doesn't mean they're going to say "Well, I believe only blonde haired and blue eyed people should live." I thought it was wrong to say that and I was a little hurt by it, tell you the truth.
I mean, everyone is beginning to say "gay" as slang for "shitty." But saying that one little fact? I think if CB or TH or any German person would actually cuss him out in German.
It's like what this guy was muttering in Choctaw to me. I was teaching another friend how to speak Japanese sentences and greetings and he muttered "Can't even speak Choctaw but she's talking other languages. How stupid." I was really hurt then.
Just because some people speak other languages or like things from different cultures doesn't mean we're going to go against our country, friends, classmates, or other people. Sure some people take it to the extreme, but that doesn't mean all people do it.
What has our country come to be?
We're so conservative and ignorant that we automatically hate something that is harmless, like a gay woman, a gay couple, a band from Germany, an activist and even someone who is interested in another language and culture.
I'm glad to be open minded and I'm glad my mother taught me that being ignorant and close minded is stupid.
Please, don't hesitate to comment.

Love,
Lumina
December 5th, 2008 at 05:34am