Art Class Chronicles, Entry 1

This has not necessarily been a touchy subject with me, but I can say that it bothered me today.

Most of the time, I do not care what anyone says about me. Some kid called me "creepy" today and I just shrugged it off. No big deal, I consider the word "weird" a compliment. But something else was different today, and I don't know why it's affecting me so badly...

I was in art class. There's one thing you have to understand about me and art class, and it's the fact that I'm always drawing something. Except this week; I haven't felt like doing anything at all. We're drawing a street corner (I'm drawing FUSE) and I don't know how to draw the sign. So I walk up to ask the teacher to help me.

My teacher is so nice, I could ask her just about anything. So I'm waiting for her to finish instructing another student. While I'm waiting, Adam* walks up and stands there. The other kid walks away, I put my drawing up and ask how to do the sign cause I'm having a problem with it. She helps me with it, and then I ask about the reverse jutting thing (the entryway). She says the proper angle. Adam points to it and comments as well on how to draw it.

There's another thing that must be known for it to make sense how much this pissed the shit out of me. This boy cannot draw. He fights with the teacher CONSTANTLY.

The idiot was supposed to draw an animal and he drew Pacman. Does this tell you anything??

Moving on...
I say "Yeah, I know how to do it."
He says "Obviously not, cause you drew it like that."

I pull my art away after she's done teaching me and walk the two steps back to my desk, slam the metal ruler down, and throw my pencil at the copy of New Moon in front of me. (Okay, so there's a few reasons I haven't felt like drawing lately...)

Is it so wrong to be this pissed? THE BOY HAS NO CLUE HOW TO DRAW AND HE'S TELLING ME HOW TO.

Call me a bitch about my art, I just don't want him fucking with it. It's the only pure thing they haven't tainted for me yet. That and My Chemical Romance/I Am Ghost.

Then again, they're scared of them, so...yeah.

*Adam's not his real name, I don't want to say his real name. He could drop off earth and I wouldn't give a flying fuck.
February 2nd, 2007 at 07:51am