Avenged Sevenfold Concert

Ok, so i just got home from Avenged Sevenfold's 2nd sold out show at Ram's Head Live in Baltimore, and it was the most amazing night of my life. Maybe that's sad, but I don't care because it was absolutely EPIC. The boys started on time (9pm) and played until about 10:20pm. They had so much fun on stage and since Zacky's birthday is December 11, they celebrated it onstage tonight and we even sang "happy birthday" to him. It was funny because Dan the Body took like half an hour setting up various varieties of alcohol on his side and he only really drank one corona the whole time he was on stage. It was ridiculous. Matt's voice was beyond phenomenal. He sang just like, or even better than it is on CD. He hit and held every note flawlessly. Zack and Syn played their guitars with gusto and conviction, The Rev slaughtered the drums as usual, and Johnny really played the shit out of that bass. The crowd was so out of control it was ridiculous. There were a few crowd surfers per song, and it even got so rowdy at one point that a kid lost his prosthetic hand in the crowd! Their set list was out of control crazy wonderful. More than I could have ever dreamt of asking for.

They played (in almost correct order):

Critical Acclaim, Chapter Four, Beast and the Harlot, Scream, Gunslinger, Solo and Full Band Instrumental, Bat Country, Walk, Seize the Day, Afterlife, Almost Easy, Unholy Confessions, and A Little Piece of Heaven as an encore.

Every note, every line, was done perfectly. They had such great crowd interaction and ZV even made eye contact with me a couple of times! I put up the devil horns so many times that my hand actually had a couple of spasms. haha. The pit pushed and shoved and fought so much that I got to get within about 2 feet of the barrier, so I was right up close with the guys...a perfect night.

The opening bands did a great job, but they were a little out there for my taste. haha. The only thing that would have made it better was if I had gotten to meet them...someday...lol.

Overall, they put on an out of this world performance, and I can die happy now. ;)
December 11th, 2008 at 08:12am