Students in the streets

Alright, I don't think there will be many of you who'll read this but anyway...

I'm French, I live in France and I'm in high school in 'terminale' (last year of high school, and we only have 3 years).
Today was a pretty agitated day...

The government wants to change our scholar system... Normally, we have some 'options' in school like: drama, music, drawing and stuff but the 'future' law wants to change all that to something even more confusing that it already is. So to express their dissatisfaction, the students are manifesting in the streets.



It happens often, like next year... or two years before that.
And sometimes, they even blocked the high schools. The students sleep in the buildings and blocked the entrance so that if you want to go to class, you can't enter the building.

Image

That's the front of my high school, when the students blocked the entrance, last year. We can't see very well...

We have about 130 high schools in Calvados ( a department in Normandie) and there are 70 of them that are 'blocked'.

There was a manifestation this morning in the streets. And I was one of the students. Everyone was screaming and singing. It was pretty rad. But we don't do it just to skip school or anything, there's a purpose! We don't want this law!


that was last year, near the university.

When we are in the streets, we are walking in the middle of the road, blocking the traffic: buses, cars, tramways and everything. Sometimes it goes fine and no one gets hurts. Sometimes not and people get arrested by the cops...

Tomorrow we have an 'A.G' (Assemblée Générale or General Assembly(?)) when some students will talk and we are going to decide whether we're going to block the school or not...

Image

I hope we don't...

** I just got the results. My highschool is now blocked by the students ><" eventhough the gouvernement decided to 'report' that law but the students still 'blocked' our highschool!

It sucks!

Anyway, if you read it I hope you understand because English is not my native tongue.
Thanks for reading!

A xxx
December 11th, 2008 at 06:50pm