What's Your Theme Song?

At work, we were all talking about the upcoming theme nights and that sparked a conversation about all our theme songs and what makes a theme song. The bosses made us all vote on songs for everyone, anonmously, and they made two CDs to put in the stockings for us.

What is your theme song?

Here's some of ours:

Green Light by John Legend Ft. Andre 3000. It's always the last song we play before opening the doors, and we dance to it and all sing.

Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry - Travis. Song speaks for itself.

Breakdown by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Demi. I voted this one for him. We sing it my car all the time and it makes me think of him because he's such a casual and cool cat. "I'm not afraid of you running away, honey, I get the feeling you won't." Oh, that's him.

Jump On It by Sir MixALot - Dallas. We sing this to her anytime she comes into work, "What's Up, Dallas? What's Up? Hey Dallas, Jump on it!"

Monster Hospital by Metric - Connie. I voted "Circus" by Britney Spears for her because she runs ship around the club, but this works for her, too, I guess.

Summer Love by Justin Timberlake - Nigel. He's our resident ladies man and we affectionately call him "Black Timberlake".

Into The Night by Santana - Mariabella. She's the sexiest Latina of them all.

Love Shack by B52s - Sebby. My favorite boss of all time, who made the best dance for this song and calls the club "The Love Shack", so we call him "The Love Maker". And his car is as a big whale.

Crazy by Aerosmith - Jennifer Y. I'm convinced this song was written about her.

Helter Skelter from the Across the Universe Soundtrack - Rachell. She's a hard ass. She doesn't care if you're lover, if you ain't no dancer LOOK OUT!

Tweeter & The Monkey Man by Traveling Wilburys - Tito "Tweeter" & Wes. We just always call the duo "Tweeter & The Monkey Man" for various reasons, all disgusting.

Time Running by Tegan & Sara - Naomi. She's always running late, stressed for time, and zipping around like a jacked up bumble bee. And she has been known to say "I need work" once or twice.

Mrs. Robinson by Simon & Garfunkel - Collie. She likes little boys and the guys tease her by calling her a "Mrs. Robinson"

I Wear My Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart - Nick. Everyday the bosses have to tell him to take his shades off in the club, it became his song after a week of working here over three years ago.

Only Thing That Looks Good On Me by Bryan Adams - Gav-o. That's his pick up line and he is the sharpest dresser.

Ain't Going Down Til The Sun Comes Up - Giselle. She's always threatening to leave work to wait tables at the country bar across the street. She's the resident cowgirl.

Step by Step by New Kids On The Block - Adam. He looks like a better looking Jordan Knight and he's always falling for a new girl and claims that she's the one. He's a bud.

Ch-Check It Out by Beastie Boys - Robbie A. It just is his song, simply put.

Bust A Move by Young Mc - Kendall. Same reason as Robbie, if you knew her, you'd agree.

Wouldn't It Be Nice? - Beach Boys - Jerry. One day, Jerry is going to have the hottest wife and all of us will eat our words, but for now he and I our the youngest people who work at the club and we like to tease him for being such a cute little weiner. Everytime this song comes up, someone tries to hook him up. It's become a game.

Beat Of My Heart by Hilary Duff - Murray. Other owner, I think the guys voted this song for him because I didn't, but I totally agree.

Obstacle 1 by Interpol - Zach with an "H".

Huddle Formation - The Go! Team - Me. I couldn't be happier with the choice. They said that this song reminds them of me because I sustain all my injuries from football and still come to work and still dance the most. I just got rockets in my pockets, I guess.

Land of a 1,000 Dances by Wilson Pickett. Our closing song, it's thelast song we play after cleaning and we all dance to it. It'll always be one of my favorites because of it.

There's a lot more, but I already put too many up here. Whoops. =)

What are your theme jams? (I said 'jams'!)
December 15th, 2008 at 11:02pm