Do You Have A Family Legacy?

Mr, F., where were you back in the day (AKA two weeks ago) when I was looking for a second job? You would’ve saved me from a few strange run-in’s with my father and his family.

Anyway, I was at the gym today and I decided to be a complete tool and not do what my darling physio suggested and of course, I’ve messed my feet up even more. Either way, it was a good work out. I’m so bummed out football season is over and hockey has been really lame so far.

Anyway, so Mr. F, who I know because I coached both his sons in football and used to be my sister’s manager, wanders over while I’m doing squats (super perverted, if I do say so myself) and he asked me if I’d be interested in training people there, just teaching how to use the equipment properly and show them how to do certain exercises or the right form. Also, I could take on a few clients and work with them for as long as they like.

Honestly, that is a dream job for me! I would love it, however, I don’t know if I can squeeze being a waitress, a bartista, and a trainer. Also, I’m moving in six months and I get really attached to certain people, I would have the hardest time leaving certain clients, if I ever built a relationship with them.

Anywho, I explained to him that I do work two jobs, one full time while the other is only part time during the winter and picks up to 40 hours come March. He was pretty adamant about working around that, so I said I would give it a try, so starting next week, I’ll be on a trial job.

I’m kind of excited, but this makes me feel like a giant shadow.

Theiu (Oldest Brother) - Is a personal trainer and has been for almost eight years now. He works more with boxers and people who do fitness competition, you know, those guys with GINORAMUS muscles and weeny weeny heads or those chicks that look like guys when you glance at them.

Jenna (Sister) - Has been a personal trainer for around the same amount of time. She also coaches University track and directs a spinning class (It’s hell, don’t do it.)

Erik (Other brother) - Also a trainer, he is a phenomenal hockey/baseball player, so he doesn’t have as many clients anymore, but he still does. I think he mostly does what I will be doing, showing people who to work out and making a plan for them.

It just got me thinking about legacies? Do any of you guys have family legacies? Footsteps you have to follow? Or, maybe, like us, just things you all have in common that freaks people out or that you all do together? I’m just curious.

My relatives were making a big stink when I told them at dinner tonight. They think that it’s weird that we all do this.

We’ve always been more Munsters than Brady, though.

- M.
December 16th, 2008 at 07:46am