A Rant About Showers

It seems the bane of my father's existence is my taking long showers.

Let me put this situation into perspective for you:
I have been sick for the past few days, yesterday night having a fever of 101 degrees. Of course, after waking from a night of being feverish, one has been sweating and doesn't feel so very clean. Because of that, and the fact that my sinuses are doing their damnedest not to clear out, I took a hot shower. After twenty minutes, my dad took it upon himself to bang on the door and tell me to "get the fucking hell out of there!" because I was using too much water.

Duuude. It was twenty fuckin' minutes and I'm fuckin' SICK! GIMME A GODDAMN BREAK HERE!

But of course, after getting out of the shower and proceeding to make my dinner, my dad told me what an unappreciative, self-centered, self-absorbed little BITCH I was for taking a long shower. He finished by telling me he wasn't going to get the present I wanted for Christmas.

I shrugged, because the more emboldened me on the inside said the truth.

Honestly, I didn't expect anything from you anyway. I'm not that stupid.

In real life, I chose to retreat back to my room and eat my salad in peace. It's funny, I've had to take my meals a lot more in my room recently. It's bound to happen when you're the spawn of an unmitigated ass.
December 18th, 2008 at 03:54am