The Mighty Boosh, live at the o2.

Last night I went to see The Mighty Boosh, obviously, live at the o2 in London. Are there many fans out there? 'Cause apparently it's mostly a British thing and not many other people I've talked to from around the globe know about it.

Well, if you do, they're touring right now and I got tickets to go see them last night, it was so friggin' cool I'm really happy that thats what I asked for for my birthday. I'll be refering to the charecters in thier real life names but just for those who don't know, Noel is Vince Noir in the show, Julian is Howard Moon, Rich is Bob Fossil, Mike is Nabbo and Dave is Bollo.

First off, the entire show was awesome as a whole, but I'll just mention some of my highlights. Noel as The Hitcher ran into the crowd and because it was a show they were all sitting down and he gave them all high fives for not mobbing him. He ran through the middle of the arena, up to the middle of the back and then walked around to the part I was sitting in, I was four rows back so I didn't get a high five but I'm cool with that. You should've seen some teenie fangirl next to me, I swear she was wetting her pants when Noel decided to run around our side, the look on her face was priceless. Some chick ran all the way down from the back to get a hug and a kiss off of him.

That was in the middle, but at the start Noel and Julian came out to do a little stand up, but Julian left so he could get changed, Noel stayed to entertain the audience. He chatting about the tour dates and how massive the o2 was when a girl in the first few rows screamed marry me at him, he said "Yeah alright then, any vicars in? Theres 12,000 people here, there must be at least... 6 vicars in." Then refered to her later on as 'wife'.

In the second half Julian had written a play for us all to watch about the environment and the state of the planet, of course Noel gatecrashed it but in the beginning he came out wearing a sort of... Toga, made out of a potato sack. It was really short so he kept pulling it down incase we caught a glimpse of his... Department store.

Mike forgot 90% of his lines and giggled, with Noel commenting, "Are you stoned? We told you not to hit the hookah before the show!". And it all ended with Nannageddon and Charlie from the first series showing up and dancing.

It was a highlight of the year and I'd highly reccomend it to any Boosh fans or people who are into the kinda humor.

I'm off to take some Nurofen, thinking about the teenie scream has given me a migrane,
xoxo P
December 18th, 2008 at 03:07pm