This Paper Planes Nonsense

Let me start by saying that I am a fan of M.I.A. I think she is wonderful. Having said that, I am so sick of Paper Planes. I'm not trying to be one of those bitter fans that hate that she is becoming mainstream or whatever. I love that she is getting fame. It's awesome! I just hate that Paper Planes is so overplayed. You know how you love a song, and then it becomes popular, and then after hearing it so much you get sick of it? That is what's happening to me. I hate that damn song now. I cannot stand that everyone thinks that is her first song. Kala is her SECOND ALBUM people! And that album has been out for a whole year! This is just like a few years back when Green Day got popular, and a bunch of people thought American Idiot was their first album. Paper Planes is a good song. She sampled The Clash! But, come on, can we please focus on another M.I.A. song?

And another thing, could these damn rappers stop sampling that damn song! It's like, how many rappers can rap over the same song. One is enough. We don't need 12 more rappers rapping over the same damn beat. She has two damn albums. Pick a new song! It's so annoying. And it doesn't help that the samples are bad. It also doesn't help that I am not a big fan of rap. If I hear one more Paper Planes sample, I will flip shit.

I'm sorry about that guys. I just needed to rant about that. If anyone agrees with me, please let me know. Or, if you disagree, let me know. I respect everyone's opinion, pro or con.
December 20th, 2008 at 09:32pm