blahblahblah

I've been on this site for almost a year now, and I've never once posted a journal. What inspired this? ...well, I don't know. I've been in a pretty weird mood for the past two days, actually. See, AFI's holding this contest, where fans may actually get a chance to sing on their new record. Basically, you have to make a video that's two minutes or less, talking about what inspires you, your hobbies and interests, and you can sing on it if you want. And the band, the whole band, will be watching the videos, and they'll be picking five or six people to sing on their album. I started freaking out when I found out about this last night. I was so close to just crying my eyes out. No idea why....

I made my video last night. Took me a freaking HOUR to finally get it right, cuz I kept screwing up when I was talking. My computer sucks; it's a Windows 98. So I have to use my brother's laptop to upload the video. I would've done it last night, but he wouldn't let me, cuz he's a dick. He said I can do it later today. (He better, or I'm going to beat is ass.) I have a snowball's chance in Hell of actually winning this thing, but I wanted to participate anyways. It'd be a dream come true if I were to win it. Though, I'm really trying to not get my hopes up. But still, I can daydream about it, right?

What else, what else?

A lot of my favorite bands will be coming out with new albums in '09 and I am soooooo excited. I bought the latest issue in AP today, and apparently, The Used will have their new album out in February. But Bert's not gonna scream on this album, and it's been described as "gross pop." Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm in love with the screams and the rawness I've always felt with their music. But I'm buying it anyway. Either way, I'm still gonna love The Used, even if I don't like their new stuff. But I'll judge for myself once I actually hear the new stuff.

Aiden's in the studio, which means MORE TOUR DATES! And Madina Lake's album will be coming out on March 24th! Basically, my New Year's resolution is this: See Aiden, Madina Lake, The Used, The Audition, AFI, and Chiodos in concert. And go to Bamboozle Left. I don't think I want to go to Warped Tour. The only good bands on the lineup are Flogging Molly, Anti-Flag, Saosin, The Maine, 3OH!3 and Chiodos. That's not nearly enough to make me travel to San Francisco just for that. Although I've heard Aiden will be on the bill. If they are, then I might go.

This year kind of sucked, but it had it's good points. Like meeting Wil Francis and seeing The Used. That was most definitely the highlight of my year. Oh, and seeing Paramore and Anberlin and Mindless Self Indulgence was preety awesome, too. :]

I'm not ready for 2009 just yet, but I don't have much of a choice, anyways. Hopefully I won't screw it up. I plan on actually getting decent grades, and getting my car. I'm seventeen years old and I don't even have my learner's permit. Fail. But I swear, I WILL get my VW Bus. Even if I have to pay for it myself.

Ah, well. Anyways. It's 8:38 in the morning and I've been up all night. I'm gonna go to sleep.

Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah/Happy Kwanzaa, Mibba.
oxoxo
December 21st, 2008 at 05:42pm