Cyber-Bullying(Kinda semi-rant/reply).

So I was just reading a journal down a little beneath me about cyber-bullying and there were a few comments basically saying 'it's just the internet, don't get hung up about it'.

To me, cyber-bullying is just the same as bullying offline. I have suffered bullying both online and offline and I can personally tell you that the online person may aswell have been stood in front of me telling me these things.

They have the same effects. You can delete the comments, but you don't really forget.

These people, online and off, are immature, ignorant and pathetic. It just goes to show you how much of a life they have if what they do for fun is sending people vile and rude comments. The things said to me and to a friend were disgusting.

What annoys me the most is that these people don't know who you are and certainly don't think twice about sending things, mail, comments etc.

I can garuntee you that if these people were stood infront of you today, they wouldn't say a word. Because they're cowards, and they think that hiding behind a keyboard will help them. And when you retaliate they get their friends involved. One situation I was in was this guy had added a bunch of random people into a conversation to try and butcher me in a conversation because he couldn't just sit there like a civilised person and talk. In the end, it was because he 'wanted to make me do something'.

Who the hell does he think he is? Actually, who the hell do they think they ARE? Anyone who is willing to say something online should be willing to say it offline aswell.
These scumbags need to think of the consequences before they open their mouths. I just wish that Bebo was a less-shitey site and ban these people before they send more crap.

--

CHRISTMAS!!! I have an ulcer :(
.xo
December 23rd, 2008 at 10:20am