TODAY WAS MY MCR-OBSESSING DAY.

Pfft, yes it was.

I went over to my friend's house, and because she had never seem Life on the Murder Scene or The Black Parade is Dead!, I decided I needed to fill her in on all of the My Chemical Romance goodness that she had so obviously been lacking in her previous existence.

It was quite fun.

I arrived at her house, helped put away groceries, and then we went into a room off to the side of the house and watched the video diary from LOTMS. Oh, and we were just getting started.

It was awesome the way she always asked questions. I mean, I know she's inquisitive by nature (I am too, no doubt) but I really do enjoy answering questions about MCR because I'm glad that I've gotten one of my friends to thoroughly enjoy their music and grow to appreciate (and maybe even love, who knows) them as people. I answered question after question, a lot of them I knew and some of them I didn't. "What color is Gerard's wedding ring?" "Uhh...silver?" "HA, YOU DO NOT KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE! I PREVAIL!"

After watching the video diary (which was highly entertaining, as always; those men never fail to make me laugh or make me think), we watched all three music videos (all of the offical ones, anyway - we didn't bother watching the extra I'm Not Okay video just because it used basically the same footage we had just seen in the video diary) and all of the behind-the-scenes footage.

Admittedly, I had somewhat forgotten about how much My Chemical Romance and its members really mean to me. I had forgetten key character traits and the way they talk and how they generally act. At first, I was quite disappointed in myself, how could I have forgotten such things? But that was soon lost when Ray's hand fell into the frosting of the cupcake.

After that wonderful viewing, we got up to get peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then we sat down and watched the New Jersey show on TBPiD! It's my favorite concert out of the two shows, if you ask me. The way that they all interact with the crowd, how intimate and spectacular everyone was...the Mexico City show is just as exhilerating, but not as good in my opinion. I just love the intimacy of the NJ show much more. It makes me want to see MCR in a small venue just so I can experience that intimacy for myself firsthand.

Then, we focused our attention on the Mexico show. Well...that's not exactly truthful. After Dead!, we pretty much just talked to each other and vaguely paid attention to the DVD playing in the background. We played with her cat, ate chocolate and skittles, and just talked about random things: the Beatles, the color black as a fashion statement, UGG boots, cats, My Chemical Romance, music in general, mosh pits, scary fans, annoying people and their annoying habits, and just random stuff in general.

Then, of course, I had to grab the CD that I had lent her (I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love) and then my two CD/DVDs. It was great fun, and a perfect day to sit inside and watch DVDs. It was snowing and cold as HELL, haha. (Which doesn't really make all that much sense, but whatever.)

...does this count as a good update for Mibba for however long I haven't updated? XD
December 24th, 2008 at 02:20am