Need cheering up?

First things first. Corretta's friend Mara is typing this. Because Corretta types too loudly. But it's from Corretta's point of view cause otherwise she'll get banned lawl. So it's going to have a lot of Mara-isms in it.

OKAYSO.
We were going to name this a variety of different things, among them were these lovely nuggets:
"You know I lika da babies" "And once there was a transvestite nurse!"
"She has pesticides and she's not afraid to use them!"
"You guys are my pimps!!" "Wait.....Mara....wouldn't YOU be the pimp?" "Oh yeah."
and
"Well.....seeing as it's illegal for you guys to be out here....I'd say yeah."

Well anyway. Mara and I were talking, and she said something or other about not knowing what to do with her hair for her family party. I said "Wouldn't it be nice if I could spend the night and do your hair tomorrow?"
So a plan ensued. What ended up happening was our friend Mary coming over to my house, and Mara and her mother came to pick us up. Mary's mom was going to come get us tomorrow morning. Well, Mara pulls into the driveway and comes running up the steps of my hosue, laughing her patootie off. Her mother has gotten the car stuck in the foot-deep snow in the driveway. Epic FAIL. [Yeah, our state basically has the cold white fluffy stuff coming out the wazoo.]

So we try to push the car out. It doesn't work.
This goes on for roughly an hour.
Then Mara accidentally drives the car slightly into a ditch.
Then, Mary's dad hooks a chain up to the trunk of the car and hauls us out of the snow.
EPIC WIN.

We drive to Circuit City, and while Mara's mom goes in to buy something or other, we have a lovely chat and guitar-playing session. There are multiple near-deaths during this time period.

Finally, we arrive at Mara's house, where we decide to make stir-fry! Actuallly, Mara wanted soup, but then she changed her mind. Now, Mara has a slight problem- she CANNOT make noodles without some form of near-fatal disaster occuring. So I took over the noodles, while she washed vegetables and stir-fried the tempeh. Mary stood back and watched. After a few.... issues.... with the noodles all fitting in the pan we used to coook them, the stir-fry was finished. And it was delicious.

As we were eating, a lengthy discussion about said eating occured. This somehow led to the first of our alternate titles: "There's like....EVERYTHING you could ever want there!" "Are there babies? Cause I lika da babies." "There was a transvestite nurse once!"
It won a little bit.

Then, we decided to go take pictures, despite that it was an hour after curfew. Our destination? An icy beach about a mile from Mara's house. Now, Mara lives in a very, very rich neighborhood where there's an extreme LACK of crime. The most intense crime that ever happened was a woman getting murdered. She was a visitor. The murderor was a visitor. The whole shebang went down TWENTY YEARS AGO. So, obviously, the overpaid cops have nothing better to do than cruise around looking for harmless teenagers.

We were pounced upon like we were rabbits and they were coyote.

That's a HORRIBLE analogy, especially since the whole deal went like this:
"Hi. How are you guys?"
"Good...and you?"
"I'm fine. Whatcha doing?"
"Um, we were going to go take some night pictures, for photo class."
"Well, how old are you guys?"
Moment of silence.
"Um, I'm fifteen."
"It's past curfew for you guys."
"Oh...should we go back?"
"Well.....seeing as it's illegal for you to be out here.....I'd say yeah."
"Okay bye."

As Mara stood there nearly pissing her pants from fear they'd get picked up and taekn to the station, which has actually happened to her friends before for breaking curfew, I added a year onto my age in hopes of being allowed to stay out. Unfortunately, Mara forgot to tell me that the age limit is seventeen.
EPIC FAIL.

We ended up taking some pretty cool pictures on the way back anyway, after it started snowing again. Hopefully they'll turn out so Mara doesn't fail photo! Hooray! Insert smiley face of your choice here.

Well we're back here now, obviously, and we're all very damp and Mara and I are in more than a slight amount of pain from our crippleosity.

Hope reading about our epic failures made your night or day a little better!

xxCorretta, Mara, and Mary
December 24th, 2008 at 07:50am