How They Met and Other Stories- David Levithan

To love-to fall- is not a question.
Tho touch-to kiss-to speak-those are the questions.

You have to believe there are kisses and laughs and risks worth taking. What would you have them do?

I want to write my life. I want to be able to write my life.

You are a second away from saying it.

You have no idea how much I love you.

Looking into his steady eyes, she had a feeling that he felt it, too. The music had faded, but it was there all the same, awaiting the next crescendo.

It takes a thousand people to create an accident.

As it is with accidents, so it is with love.

Every two people cause and intersection.

Every person alters the world.

At any given moment, there are millions of people saying their lover's name. The words travel through the air.

Maybe fate's arithmetic is do diffuse that it's not arithmetic at all.

It is the miracle of all these things coming together that constitutes love. The orchestra has been assembled...and now it plays.

It doesn't have to be on Valentine's Day. It doesn't have to be by the time you turn eighteen or thirty-three or fifty-nine. It doesn't have to conform to whatever is usual. It doesn't have to be kismet at once or rhapsody by the third date.

It just has to be. In time. In place. In spirit.

It just has to be.

Two people in a park-

They kiss.

An intersection.
December 25th, 2008 at 03:11am