Goth, Punk, Metal head, Rivet head and Cyb cultures; is it dying out in the UK?

Is it just me or our quite a lot of cultures dying out in the UK?

Personally I think it is because if you look around the UK you can barely see any kind of culture apart from "the Ch av culture". "The Rock look" may be in but the music isn't in. Apart from certain bands like Nickelback, Slipknot, Metallica and AC/DC.

I've talking to people about it, well 3 people and these were there opinions:

Georgia's was that you should just be yourself.

Tasha's was that the Alternative culture is doing just fine.

Sarah's was that there hasn't be any culture funerals and she didn't know.

Good opinions but look at how many "Chavs" are in the UK compared to all the people in the Alternative cultures. I sent a text to someone I know and in the text he said that statistically the Alternative culture is richer an ever, unfortunately I never asked him if that was because of Emo's.

As alot of you said, the American culture is taking over, the German Tanz Metal Rammstein
has a song Amerika and it is about American culture taking over the rest of the world.

I would love to know why people classify Emo as Alternative because it's not Alternative at all, Emo is it's own cult because all the Alternative culture because big in the 70's, 80's or 90's. Emo became main steam after My Chemical Romance released The Black Parade.

On vampirefreaks there is a cult called Gothic International which has roundabout 11000 people out of over 1.4 million people on the website. So about 0.11 percent of people are in the cult. Thats not alot of people.

Someday could Alternative someday return, I hope so.
December 26th, 2008 at 12:38am