Control

Disclaimer/Intro: Most of my Journals will be simple essay type things I have written, I don't know where else to put them, so my journals will have to do. These 'essays' are written only using what I believe in and what I think is write. Not many of them will make sense, and most of them will probably be biased and what not. Please understand that I do not write this to offend, dictate, or dispute with anyone. Please understand also, that these are written using only my personal beliefs. Please remember that if anything I write upsets you.

Control

We all crave to be in control, strive for it, wanting to be able to say 'Everything is under control' but is it? Do we actually control any part of our lives? I don't think so. As individuals, we have very little say in most of the aspects in our life, from the very air we breathe, to the work we do. Our lives are controlled by people in power. And the people in power are in turn controlled by A; People with more power, B; the people as a whole, and C; the natural course of things.

A days plans, for example, could be completely changed by things way beyond our control, Such as the weather, an illness, or some other happening, thus, the control we thought we had being snatched from our hands.

Our actions, to an extent, are controlled by our peers, beliefs, upbringing, and other similar factors. The choices we make are controlled by, first and foremost, the choices we have, by our fears, likes dislikes. All three of these are things we have no control over. They are part of us we have to accept and work around.

The food we eat, another example, is basically chosen for us by our bodies. What they can take, digest. By the chemicals we need, those that make us ill. We have no control over this either, and yet we make allowances, make choices, from the selection available to us.

So in conclusion, we have very little control over our lives and how we live them. Yet the things we do control provide us with the belief that we can control our life.
December 28th, 2008 at 09:00pm