My Attempt At Beating Writer's Block

You know what I don't like? I don't like a fan-fiction that's completely and utterly unrealistic. Where everything is sugar-coated and everything's all dandy. For example, Gerard is the loser of the school, even though he is incredibly hot, and Frank is incredibly cool and hot and gay. One day they meet and Frank/Gerard is like, "You are so sexy," And the other is like "I've loved you for as long as I could remember," And they kiss and end up together happily ever after.

That simply doesn't happen in real life. You know what I never see? A story in which Gerard and Frank find out they aren't compatible and end up leaving each other for other people that are possibly their soul mates. There's a reason for this, though. People want to see Frank and Gerard together. They want to see them happy and in love and without a care in the world, because maybe, life isn't like that and they just want to imagine them with a guy like that.

Hell, I'd love if life was like that. Granted, I'd probably happier than I am right now! But my goal, as a writer, is to tell stories that pertain to real life, a story that people can relate to. A story people can read and be like, "Yeah, I know how that feels."

Yes, I am guilty of writing stories like above. My first frerard, was exactly like that... well, almost, even back then I tried at originality. Hell, it wasn't a very good try, considering it was incredibly cliche and predictable, but it was an attempt. And people have to learn and grow as a writer and a person to become a good author. They have to learn that life isn't all rainbows and unicorns and sunshiny days and true love at first site.

And yes, there are many amazing writers on Mibba. Just take a look at my Story Subscriptions page. I am subscribed to 40 fantastic stories, all written by amazing writers. No two stories are alike, sure there are similarities that are bound to show up, being on a creative writers' site, originality is hard to come by. There are, what, like, a million stories here? Of course they aren't all going to be completely different and original, that's impossible!

Which is why I have writers' block. Tear.

There are so many amazing stories on Mibba (I think I said that before) and it's hard to think of new ideas for my stories and what should happen and whether or not it's believable or not. I'm working on a new story, in which Frank and Gerard don't fall in love right away. In fact, one of them don't even feel anything for them. Writing this is real hard, because what I'm writing is happening all the time. You have no idea how many times this have happened to me. When you like this one guy and he only see's you as his friend.

In this case, one of them have to prove themselves worthy to the other, and this is where I'm stuck. How will he get the other to like him? How long will it take for the other to return his feelings? There isn't, like, an average for this type of thing. There isn't some type of information that I can't just draw from. I've never, ever have done this. It's just not who I am, I don't go and chase after guys and try to make them like me. It's just not something I would do. And I would never see myself doing that.

So I basically have nothing to draw from.

And when I have writer's block, I just write something, to get myself in the mood and to get some idea's in my head. It was some advice from another author (A Famous one! Squee!) that came to our school. And I think I was the only one really listening to him, cuz I'm a writer.

I just gave you the cure to writers block! You should thank me!

I'm just kidding, it doesn't work all the time.

Well, this journal was really just for me to help sure my writer's block. I thank you if you actually took the time to read this, since I wasn't planning on anyone to really read it. It was made purely for myself, but I am letting you read. I am such a nice person, no?

And the story I was talking about isn't posted yet. But keep your eye's out for it, because I will post it in the near future, when I finish another story or something.

Yeah, so that's about it.

fnbhlkgnio lnloigtbhngfl nblkjib nlk,vlk, nklf

Tags:
excuse me do you want to screw so wonderful in the sack mcr slash fan-fiction frerard mindless self indulgence i like de cactus de cactus is goooo- damn writers block me no likey youuuuu

I was listening to MSI while I wrote this, if you can tell.
December 30th, 2008 at 07:47pm