Who Will Save Your Soul?

You hear people talk about how a song changed their lives. While, I do like music, listening to it, dancing along, even creating it, all around I can agree music is great, but I've never actually had that moment where I could say "That song saved me."

Maybe, it's because I look at the big picture and I always find a way to make the song just a cociendence. Also, i've never actually wanted to kill myself.

However at about three am yesterday, I got a call from a friend to come over because they just "needed to talk". Even though Paul and I have a lot of history, I liked being able to be there for him, that doesn't mean I grant forgiveness towards him or even myself back when we were together, but I was happy to help him when he was that emotional, even if he was just that way due to the fact that he was as hammered as a a nail.

Anyway, around five am, I convinced him to go for a drive with me. Driving through Pritchard Farms (Beautiful), neither of us saying a word, and Tom Cochrane's "Washed Away" on the radio, I think, changed my life. That's wishy-washy, sure, but it's true. I've heard that song a million times, and I've always loved it, but in that moment, it was right. I don't know, I just felt a little better and I know Paul well enough to know he did, too.

It was great. Do you have a song like that? Whether you like it or not, you heard during a tough moment and it brought some kind of solace to you.

Don't trade your love for ambition or you'll get washed away...
January 2nd, 2009 at 02:28am