School, exams, etc.

Figured I haven't wrote one of these in a while, so what the hell.

So I got my lip pierced on Monday, which I'm really happy about. I've wanted it since like... Good Charlotte were big, if not before. It hasn't swelled at all and I'm already considering snakebites. I go back to school on Tuesday and if they give me grief about it... I don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't really take this school anymore. It's too up its own arse with all its rules and 'oh look at us we're 400 years old and the queen was here last year yadda yadda yadda'. I can't believe the last journal I wrote I was complaining about having to possibly move schools. That's apparently not happening anymore, and I've never wanted to move schools more. Especially somewhere far away like Belfast.

God, I was in Belfast yesterday. Just for an hour, because my mum wanted to go to Bangor and we just stopped there on the way. Is it possible to feel homesick for somewhere you've never lived? I love Belfast so much. I want to live there and go to one of those weird big schools that are slightly less up their own arses than mine and actually live in a town with a record shop and a book shop and more than two clothes shops. I really can't stand this town, this school much longer.

I don't know. I can't seem to stand anything much more. I can't seem to do anything than crawl into my room after school and stick on William Control while I try to do my homework. And then there's the... bad little habit I've accquired. I'm trying to give up, sort of, I haven't done it in about a month, not that I ever did it that much anyway. But I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. What difference does it make whether I do it or not apart from that feeling I get and a few scars in a place no-one's ever gonna see? I don't even know anymore.

I've got this thing where if I want to do it, I go and watch The IT Crowd instead. Not a great solution because I need internet access, obviously, but nothing cheers me up more than that show, I swear to God.

I'm gonna need it when I go back to school, cause I have exams. Woop de doo. Can someone please explain to me why all my teachers are putting so much pressure on us for mock GCSEs? They're not the real thing, damnit, they don't go towards anything, no matter what hypothetical situations they throw at us. I hate exams. Well, I don't mind exams so much as the goddamn revision. Revision doesn't work for me. I can maybe do half on hour on a really good night, but after that I'm just doodling Panic at the Disco lyrics on my file and drooling at the mouth slightly.

But I'm on home study, which is good. It means I only have to go into school or an hour or two each day next month. That's a lot better than a full school day by any standards, even if I'm supposed to be 'revising' at home.

Two and a half years and I can get out of here. Just two and a half years.
January 2nd, 2009 at 09:43pm