Where did we go wrong?

New Year's Eve was extremely fun...minus one part. I was at a friend's party and this guy, a guy I've known for years, since I was 2 to be exact, was there. So was this girl he really liked. We both needed a ride home and when I asked him for a ride, he turned around and said 'well I at least know I'm taking her home', referring to the girl he liked. Now, that doesn't seem so bad, unless you've known him as long as I have and can tell what he actually meant. In his language, he meant 'I don't want to have to take you home because I only want to be with her. Besides, he's here, he'll take you', referring to my other friend who can drive and take me home, even though he had to pass my street to take her home. Then when we finally left, I could tell he was annoyed with having to take me home. He didn't speak to me once the entire way home, only to the girl he liked. She tried to talk to me once, but that annoyed him more.

This isn't the first time he's been an asshole like this. He's been like this for awhile and it hurts because I know this isn't who he is. He isn't this type of person but this is what he's become. Back when we were kids, he used to look out for me and he actually cared about me. Now he's just a guy with an ego the size of a dragon. This whole thing has made me actually think that if I were severely hurt, in the hospital, extremely sick, extremely depressed, that he wouldn't come to see me. It's gotten me to think that everyone else I know would come to see me, but him. If he did come, it would be because he was forced to see me and he would rather be somewhere else. I don't know what happened, or where things between us became hostile, but it has. All I want is my old friend back, the one who I could laugh with easily, the one who listened, the one I called my brother, the one who protected me and guided me, the one who was like family to me....not this, guy who doesn't know me anymore and who I don't know anymore.
January 4th, 2009 at 06:06am