My inspiration

Who is the most influential person to me? It's easy for me to answer that but it's not just one person, their names were Ukyou Kamimura and Matsumoto Hideto. One was a beloved drummer and the other a beloved guitarist. I guess I should start with Kami. He was the drummer of Malice Mizer, a Japanese band. Kami was full of passion for his music and loved what he did. He taught me to be happy and live life to it's fullest with your friends. Kami, from what I've read, was a creative person who's soul shined brighter with each achievement. Taken from this world at the young age of 27 from a hemorrhage in his brain while he slept, he will forever hold a special place in my heart, this dear purple butterfly. Now for my other influence, hide.

There is more known about him and he embodied the word 'creativity' in senses of the word. Dressed in flamboyant outfits, with his signature pink and black hair, he was a sight to behold. hide was a musical phenomenon, a revolution, a pink haired musical machine, a wonderful person with his own unique flair. He gave musicians a chance when industries in Japan wouldn't accept them. He inspired people to work towards their dreams, to never give up. Anyone who was in his presence, they felt his creativity. He had so much planned for himself, and for the people he worked with. So much, that what he accomplished was only the tip of the ice berg. There was so much more he wanted to do, so much more he wanted to see done. All was cut short when he died on May 2, 1998 at the age of 33.

Now these two creative heroes, idols, angels, they are free. I can only say that I hope they continue to see how many people care about them. No matter how many years pass since their passing, they continue to influence, to inspire. I can proudly say, that although I was young when they died and didn't know them at the time, I honor their memory and keep them alive. I can only hope that others do the same, to keep these inspirational angels alive.
January 6th, 2009 at 02:50am