my life is pretty suckish right now

i don't really know if anyone will read this, but i really hope someone does and is able to help me out. all i want is some advice. it's not so much my home life as my school life. my first boyfriend just broke up with me for a total bitch. we were together for 14 months and he broke up with me a week after my sweet 16 party and a week before my actual 16th birthday. so much for sweet 16 huh? i admit we had problems with our relationship. we fought quiet a bit but i never saw us heading towards a break up. i know i'm going to sound stupid for saying this but i honestly thought we were going to be together forever. we're still close friends, against his new girlfriend's (let's call her Jenny) wishes. i know that break ups are normal, but as i said before, i thought we were going to be together forever. ever since we broke up though (about a month ago) Jenny won't quit shooting me glares in the hallway or every time she sees me with him. she calls me a bitch behind my back and tells him that she hates me. i never did anything to this girl. i tried everything i could to make peace with her because i admit, i was having trouble letting go of a lot habits me and him have created over the past year. i gave him a note to give to her saying that i had no hard feelings and i would really like to be friends with her and a card on Christmas with a candy cane attached wishing her a happy holiday. i'm absolutely SICK of being the peace keeper between me and her. it's not just her though. it's her "friends" too. they keep calling me a slut behind my back for no reason and calling him a backstabbing cheater for still hanging out with me. we're both strong believers that just because a relationship doesn't work doesn't mean you can't still be friends. i'm also realizing who my true friends are through all of this. people who i thought were my friends are stabbing me in the back by taking her side and calling me a slut to. even through all this, though, is another thing i need advice on. i'm still not over him and i REALLY want to be because i'm tired of hurting. i've tried countless times to make myself believe that he's not worth it and i can find better, but i love him. whoever said a 16 year can't know love, lied. because i truly do love him. but i need to get over him.
January 6th, 2009 at 04:54am