Expectations of a sad, sad world.

Who out there has a secret? Anyone want to tell theirs? I didn’t think so. No one speaks when it’s about them. No one wants to tell others they aren’t perfect. Hiding behind their mask, who wants to come out? No one. People aren’t going to say that they have a problem. When you ask someone how they are, what do you expect to get in return? The truth, right? How many times do you think the answer is the truth though? I can speak for myself when I say more than 50 percent of the time the answer is “fine” and the truth is “bad”.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” Ha. How many times are they right when they say that? And does the other person pry or drop the subject and move on to a happier one? It’s a sad world we live in when perfect is the standard. How many people have seen the icon that says “I’m not okay?” Yeah, that’s the story of most people’s life. But the sad thing is it has to be heard on an icon because the person is too ashamed to admit it. It’s a sad world we live in.
I hope all of your days have been going okay. Or at least “fine”.

P.S. I will not be putting lyrics on here anymore unless I absolutly have to talk about a song. lol I heard it was spam to do that and I don't want to be kicked off!
January 11th, 2009 at 04:55am