Okay I have a problem

I'm a new girl around here. My mother tongue isn't English and my English (especially spelling) sucks and I know that, I got a dyslexia. I try my best but I still make a lot of mistakes both grammar and spelling, but I still like to write fan fiction and other stuff.

Now, I have put two of my fictions to the Internet, the other one I started to put here too, It's an old one and I figured that I could get some more readers through this channel.

But. Now I got the horrible link about the fact that my story isn't perfect and that if I don't fix it, it's going to be removed or something.

I don't think that's really fair. I do understand that the website wants to keep some class and everything but still. I can't help that my English is this bad. I use the spell check and I use a multiple web dictionaries and my word program and still, I make mistakes.

My question is, should I stop writing just because of my lack of English knowledge? Should i stop trying? I admit that the firs chapters of my story are even worse that the latest parts I've written and that's because wrote it a year ago. See, I'm approving.

So I ques my point is, is it wrong that I post that story even that it's far from perfect? I mean, I'm 16 and Finnish, how the hell I'm supposed to write something that good. I've always considered fan fiction writing as a thing where you don't need to be the best. I have understood that most of us authors are quite young and that I'm not the only one who isn't writing with the most natural language for them.

I know that my English is always going to be far from perfect but the message of "if you don't fix this, we well delete it" just gives me the message of: If your story isn't good enough, don't even try. I think this website should let their authors the change yep, to get better writers, but not by that way. I think it's kinda cruel. I myself like to read those first chapters just to see how much I've grown. So I don't think the "fix it or you are done" method is fair.

and now, if somebody reeds this and then reeds my fiction and comes to say : it's rubbish that's why it doesn't belong here. that's fine... I know that it's getting better when the story continues and that maybe this really isn't my place to be... you see, I'm not perfect.
January 12th, 2009 at 05:37pm