It's just venting, venting.

Well, here I go. First journal entry to date on this account. Definitely got inspired today. Truth is, I've felt like jotting down my feelings for a long while now but never really got around to it. I know writing makes me feel better and I know that right now that that's all I want: to feel better. Now I find it only fair to warn you in advance. I'm sorry for my naivety, my incessant babbling and my typical teenage tragedies. I regret to inform you that despite the melodramatic nature of my adolescent perceptions, I truly feel as if the world is coming to an end. I'd love to go to school and walk down the hall to my locker without looking up to see if he's there. I'd love it even more if I could stomach the nauseous feeling I get whenever he is there. I'd love it if my best friend didn't lie about his non-existent girlfriend to make me jealous. I'd love it if he'd stop making things weird and being obvious about it even though I've told him I care about him too much to be with him. I'm not saying that I want my life to be easy. I thrive too much on challenge to want something as stupid as that. I just wish that for once, the boy who tries to make me jealous is the boy I look for from the comfort of my locker. That the boy who doesn't like me as more than a friend is the one who's like a brother to me. I know, I know. I'm being dramatic. I'm being petty. I'm not the only one in the world with problems. Yeah, yeah, I know. I get it. It's not the same as world hunger, poverty or racism. But let's be honest. If we can't tackle our own problems, how in God's name are we gonna feed every person on the planet?

I rest my case and my typing hands (but just for the night).

Take care, readers.

-Bri.
January 13th, 2009 at 06:00am