venting. feels good.

Thank you mibba for telling me that The topic of your journal has to be something worthwhile and can’t be silly spam. You need to put effort into your journals. WELL NOW. what if I'm such an awesome writer i can say what I need to in five words? WELL?! I'm not, but what if?

I'm in here. Looking out the window for a distraction. There is a storm, the air is crackin' .
It's the death of an uncle.
He hasn't died yet, and the crows are cawwin' vultures watching.
He lay in his final days a shell of a man.
This master of flight is trapped by his own body.
ALS is the most heinous thing ever. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis , often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed. so he's got that going for him. soon death will free him from this mortal coil, he will no longer suffer. He'll take that last flight, into the after light. Then, back on earth, the fighting will start.
The nice faces gone and the vermin will scamper.

yep. We had hoped he could be at best like Steven Hawkin, but he can no longer use his computer and his systems are shutting down. He used to fly a plane full of trusting folks across the world. My brave childhood hero. Free tickets were awesome. Thanks Uncle James. I love you, and will see to it that you are remembered well.
January 14th, 2009 at 03:11am