Cliche JoBro Fanfics Get on my Nerves; Anyone else with me?

I have been browsing the stories hub, looking for a great JoBro fanfic, and have yet to find one that doesn't make me bored.

Is anyone else having this problem?

List of reasons as to why I cannot find an excellent JoBro fanfic:

1) PLEASE DEAR GOD DO NOT WRITE SOMETHING IN L33TSPEAK.
Ex: j03 j0n@$ !$ $0 H@WT.
I will come across the screen and punch you. If you are a serious author, then please realize that NO ONE WANTS TO SIT FOR AN HOUR TRYING TO DECIPHER A PARAGRAPH IN L33TSPEAK.

2) Grammatical errors. I realize that everyone makes mistakes (yes, Miley Cyrus, I am looking at you), but some are just inexcusable. I have gone through so many fanfics where the author can't tell the difference between there, their and they're.
Let's break it down for the grammatically impaired.
They're = THEY ARE.
Ex: They're running to the escaping car.
Their = AS IN POSSESSIVE.
Ex: Their car broke down.
And lastly, There = IN, AT, OR TO THAT PLACE OR POSITITION.
Ex: There goes the car, rolling down the hill.
If you are serious about becoming an author, you will need to take grammar classes and learn everything. A few common mistakes (besides the ones above) are comma splices and fused sentences, misuse of singulars and plurals, the difference between your and you’re, etc.
For help on grammatical errors, go to [hyperlink]www.chompchomp.com[hyperlink] if you need to refresh your grammar skills.

3) Please, dear God, stick to the actual Jonas Brothers and their interests/lifestyle/etc.
Ex: Joe does NOT get girls preggers. The End.
Ex: They are MUSICIANS, not public high school students.
If you’re going to write a fanfic, you should write the actual people in it, not make up some crap about how you imagine they are in the dark recesses of your mind.

4) Speaking of High School fics.... How about NO.
It really agitates me when people put the Jonas Brothers into another setting than they already are. THEY’RE MUSICIANS. BROTHERS (Straight brothers, I might add, for those of you who write JoBro slash). ETC. But not public high school students who come and sweep the “Mary Jane” character off her feet. Barf up a spork.

5) Make yours original.
Another thing that ticks me off is when people copy off of another author. CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS?! God! If you’re going to use another author’s work, at least ask their permission.
Come up with something that’ll “wow” your readers.
Be original. Be creative. Be you.

6) When I say “Be You,” I mean....
Infuse your personality, experiences, characteristics, talents, motives, etc. into your fanficition. Otherwise, you’re just putting words on a page. There needs to be emotion and feeling behind everything.

7) Does anyone agree with me on this? Comment or message me about your thoughts and feelings: about this journal, if this helped you or not, JoBro fics I should check out (it doesn’t have to be on Mibba), fics you’ve found that apply to the things I mentioned above, if you want advice on your story, etc.

So, on that note, I hope you all take this to heart! By the way, if you want me to take a look at your story, be it JoBro or no, I will! Promise! :D

Oh! And Check out my stories as well!

Sayonara!

~Chez
January 14th, 2009 at 09:17pm