But she'll always be his girl, his girl Friday. [signing with tai... and the cab.]

[ his girl friday | the academy is... ]

I'm still high on the afterglow from meeting some of my favorite musicians right now. It was without a doubt one of the absolute best experiences of my life.

When we got to Concord Mall last night, it was around 5:00. The signing wasn't going to start until 5:30, but the line was already down half the mall. It was whoacrazy, actually, how long it was.

So we stood in an unmoving line, reassured by a Hot Topic chick that the line would start moving soon. We were kind of excited at that point, but it hadn't really clicked to us that something amazing was going to happen.

We were standing in between two huge groups of friends, so we felt kind of out of place. But once the line started moving, we moved up quite a bit ahead of the two giant groups, because they could only take in a certain amount of people at a time.

When we were at the very front of the line, we heard people screaming from inside. It was crazy. The Hot Topic worker beside us was like, "What the hell is going on in there?"

About three minutes later, we were sent in. The line was still incredibly long, but we were met with The Academy Is... music blaring from the speakers and two incredibly enthusiastic workers trying to get us pumped up.

The one climbing on a clothes rack started chatting up my sister about Hit The Lights and All Time Low. She started talking to him and I had to pull her ahead when the line started moving.

We were close to the back room, which is where we thought we were going, when Stephanie was like, "Look, Rach, it's William!" She was so excited. I looked up and I was too.

They looked amazing, both bands. William Beckett and Adam Siska and Alex Deleon and Ian Crawford were there. All lined up and looking pretty at the table about four people in front of us.

When I was there, I shook hands with William Beckett and he looked at my nametag. "Funny thing about the name Rachael, I went to homecoming with a girl with the same exact name." I don't care how many people he said that to, it still made me feel special.

And then, while he was signing my poster, my nametag fell off. The sticker wouldn't stay on at all, but when it'd gotten to the point where I thought it would stick, it fell off. So when he looked up from the poster he was signing, I was on the floor getting it.

He was just like, "Are you okay?"

All I could manage to say in response was, "Yeah...I just...kinda dropped my, uh..." and held up the sticker embarrassedly.

Sisky was really nice, and I shook hands with him.

Then I moved on to The Cab. My sister was in front of me, so she left before me.

Alex then said, "Hi, Rachael. Are you related to that girl Stephanie?" I nodded. "Twins?" I said no, just sisters. "Well, she doesn't have our CD. I don't know what's up with that. Do you?" I nodded. "Make sure she gets it too." He said, laughing. He has an amazing laugh.

Ian signed the second poster and shook my hand, saying, "Nice to meet you." I thanked all of them profusely, then left to go find my sister.

But that had to be the best night of my life. It was amazing. ^_^
January 17th, 2009 at 05:15pm