My phscological theory about the need to write more...

Well, I have this theory that we, as human beings, need to write. We write to escape the harshness of reality. By writing about a nicer, funnier universe where we place the characters that we base our ideal self on, and make them go on all kinds of adventures that make their lives much more exciting and exhilarating. Human beings can get bored with the lives that steadily become a routine, by writing about characters that fall in love, fall into danger or just have a much happier, and more exciting lives then they can live through their own dreams in the lives of the characters.
People and animals alike dream in their unconcious state, and this is a release from the severity of reality, just as reading and writing is an escape aswell. When people dream, read and write continuesly then I think that these people need to escape their realities much more then the people whom either don't care much for books or don't have time in their busy schedules to actually read or write, whereas real book fans would create time.
So, in conclusion, i believe that the need to read and write more is a plea for help from the current situation that the reader/writer finds themselves in.

I currently read and write more then my fair share.
May 6th, 2007 at 01:28pm