The Exploding English Exam

So as the school term comes to a close, I can't help but feel the extreme weight of exam time crushing down on my ribs, making me gasp for air and wishing I'd have paid more attention in class.

Egad.

Not that I have 300 classes worth of exams, no no. I have English grade 12 and Math grade 11. So why all the fuss?

I've failed a class before. Not that I can't say I'm the only one, it happens all the time across Canada but having to re-do grade 11 math again puts a little pressure in the system; but it's obviously easier the second time. No the real pressure is Grade 12 English. Why?

I hate English.

Come on Tangy, you are English, you're on a freaking writing site for goodness sake.

But when it all comes down to it, it just plain sucks. The books we read are boring. We have to find impossible meanings in sentences like, "The store was closed, so she turned away and stabbed someone in the face". And the questions... the questions are never ending!

So when this ticking time bomb of an english exam finally arrives- this Friday if you must know- what measures do I take? Which books do I memorize? Which pencil do I use?!

So many things to do, and I don't have the code to shut down the sequence.
January 19th, 2009 at 07:09pm