Stereotypically Scene And The Cons Of It

you know what i think?

the scene fashion used to be a statement of individuality (hence the bright neon colors and the crazy hair). But now it has become the antithesis of what it initially was. Every girl (on the internet) wants to be 'scene' now, and so they buy all the cool accessories and the shibam to be cool like Audrey Kitching and KiKi Kannibal.

And it's not individual anymore. Because every girl wants to be "cool" and dresses and wears coon tails like them, tease their hair incredibly wild and etc. etc.

And the attitude they have, why be so bitchy? I have seen on some threads of comments Jeffree Star have made and they are RUDE. I have also watched videos of them acting like lunatics, I mean MItchell Davis videos are ENTERTAINING but seeing a bunch of girls goof off with excessive makeup and hair that looks like they killed a racoon and dyed them with hawaiian punch?

I used to want to be part of the crowd, and want my hair choppy and wear loads of makeup. But now i pride myself at hating the fashion. The fashion i do admire, however, is hanna beth's fashion (minus the skeleanimal photo shoots she did before) and the whole indie-look. I CANNOT whatsoever pull it off though. So i go with the urban hip hop sorta fashion.

It's all about being different. You pride yourselves at being different, but you all like the same thing (twilight, MCR, pink hair, hello kitty, skeleanimals), and by doing thatyou just contradict the very thing you say you are.

That's my take on it. Prove me wrong.
January 22nd, 2009 at 04:09am