Mother Passed Away

My mother died on the 19th of January, which was about two days ago from me writing this. I was going to write it sooner, but I had to stay in a hotel with my stepfarther so that the police could research the house to prove that mother wasn't suspiciously murdered or anything.

I can't be bothered going into detail, but it basically happened that she went to sleep on the livingroom sofa, which she did a lot, but she wasn't going to wake up this time. Me and my stepfarther went to wake her up because she had been "sleeping" for hours. Her skin was really discoloured and she was very cold. She wasn't even reacting to out shouting her awake. We tried and tried to "wake" her up, but nothing worked out. We phoned an ambulce and they came over pretty quickly. They worked on her for about 20 minutes, giving her CPR and all that reviving stuff, but she was stone dead. It was too late. She apparently died to time before we even tried to "wake" her up. And to think we sat there near her, not even aware that she was dead all that time...

The outcome of it all lead to the family as a whole becoming closer together, contact with family friends again, new changes, and more respect for life in general. Me and the family felt numb, strange and emotionless for the few days. Her death is slowly sinking in, thought we still expect her to randomly wake up on the autopsy table and start bossing people around. Her cause of death has not been confirmed, but her lungs were damaged and filled with flem, and her liver was heavily damaged. This is all pretty much down to her years of excessive alcohol and smoking.

Truely sad as it is, we will eventually get over her death.

P.S. On a weird note, she was dead right when I was writing my "I Scream for Ice Cream" journal, but I was unaware. She was dead all along while I was having ice cream and writing the previous journal!
Later,
Joshuha Valley
January 22nd, 2009 at 04:11am