Power of The Song

Music is the soul and foundation of life. It speaks when words cannot. It expresses emotion and speaks volumes. Music is something that moves everyone in one way or another. Making it seem like there is something more to life, as if there is something else. It touches our inner being. Music truly speaks louder than words.
When you add lyrics to them it only makes the meaning more powerful. There are lyrics of all sorts, all styles, and all religions. Lyrics can be happy or sad, angry or glad. It all depends on the artist’s feelings and the way it is portrayed in the song.
I think the most important part of the song is the music that is behind the words. Most songs that we listen to now days have words, and sometimes the words take away from the music. To be honest the music with no words speaks louder. It pulls your soul out of you chest and makes you feel as if you can’t contain yourself.
The dynamics of a song have a huge impact. Most of all it affect the mood of the song. When a song is played softly it is almost mystical, like it isn’t there. While when a song is played loudly it gives of a rapid fire of notes making it very powerful. Whether it is played soft or loud, it will still touch the soul.
A fast paced song makes you want to dance or march, while a slower paced song makes you want to waltz or glide across the ice. Music is a visual art. When you go to a symphony watch the bows move in sync with the music. Take notice of the expressions of the players and the movement that takes place inside of them as they play.
If you have ever watched a middle school orchestra play and then gone and watched a professional orchestra play, you will see how much more it envelopes the players and the movements of the bows with the body. It is the same with singing. You express with your face. You become an animated person who feels the music inside moving around and your mouth and body control the volume.
There are songs that many people sing all together that can be inspirational and moving as well as fun. You can move around with the song or stand perfectly still. Your body alignment helps with the visual art aspect of the song. Singing is something you can do as a career and also just for fun. There are many that do it for a living and express their songs through not only music and words but also movement.
All these add to the power of a song.
January 22nd, 2009 at 09:03pm