"happy birthday"

this isn't technically a journal so much as it's a poem, but it's not poem-y enough to be a poem. i just got a really good idea from reading a post on facebook from to write love on her arms.

the post was about birthdays. it was like, "happy birthday" is a way of telling someone that you're happy they were born, or happy they're alive.

and my birthday was like, four or five months ago, but that's totally not my point.

and remember, this is all coming from me right here. it's really stupid, but i'm not doing a rough draft and rewriting it. i'm just typing it as i think of things because i don't want to lose it.

a girl was having one of the worst days of her life. it was a stereotypical bad day, she had stepped in doggie dung on her way to school. she was late to her first class because someone had accidentally dropped something and she tripped over it and dropped all of her things. she had to get a late pass, which made her even later. the rest of the day went on horribly just the same, and finally when she had had probably the worst day imaginable, her best friend ran up to her as she was walking home.

"Happy birthday," he said, giving her a hug. "Let's go to the bowling alley, or something like that. My treat."
January 27th, 2009 at 02:05am