Skeletons in my closet.

Please note; I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm letting a few skeletons come out of the closet for once.

A lot of people have asked me what made me the person I am today. Why I am the way I am. The stand up, don't take shit, sometimes cruel person.

So, for those people - here is my life story, complete with all the emoness.

I've never had the best life. My father left when I was a baby, leaving my nineteen year old mom on her own, with only her big sister to turn to. After that, I was mentally and emotionally abused and subject to very cruel punishment for things (for example, running the length of the house 100 times for not taking a nap during pre school) by my mother's roommate. Luckily for me, once my mom found out what was going on, I was gone.

So I'd already learned the "you can't trust" lesson, and the "life is cruel" lesson. The next lesson was death, and it came in the form of my little black cat, Lucky - who at one point in life, cheated death, but the next time it came around, she was unfortunately not so lucky after all. Shortly after that, my father returned and we had what looked like it would be the happy life. You know the one. Big two story house in a nice neighborhood, loving parents, pets, friends, the whole deal. Things fell apart when my dad asked for a divorce. He wanted me, but she would never give me up. It involved a (physical) battle that at one point had him leaning out of the car trying to grab me.

After that, me and my mom lived on our own for a while and things were fine. Well, my mom started seeing this guy, Rob. They really loved each other, and I went away for the summer to my father's, back to my old house, all of that fun stuff. When I came back, my mom had some news for me. She was pregnant. Well, I was ecstatic. Things went amazing for me for the next four years, except for the rare visits from my father and enduring Rob's temper - though he never laid a hand on me.

In between seventh grade and eighth grade, Rob had been seeing another chick - he loves her. He tells my mom that we need to leave. Me and my mom eventually moved out and got our own apartment and stayed there for the next year and a half - during this time I got pulled out of school. After a while, my mom met this guy and they ended up getting married. He was really nice for the past year and a half, but things started to fall apart with myself after my best friend almost died and a bunch of arguments with my father over silly things, along with my cousin being in a coma. I ended up on pain killers for a while before I finally asked for help.

All was well for the next while, after I was clean. A year after I got clean, I snapped and started cutting as a way to release this anger that I had inside of me (my stepdad had gotten addicted to Afrin and become a total dick, so I suppose it was a way for me not to slit his throat.)

Today, I don't cut - and I've been clean for a year and a half. My stepdad is still a dick, but I'm leaving here soon - as in within the next few months. I've got a girlfriend who's been through everything in the past three years with me. I seriously have no clue what I would have done if I hadn't met her. I've got this "big sister" that's known me since right after my parents got a divorce. She's the butter on my popcorn, and more times than I'd like to admit, she's been my voice of reason.

So thank you, people of Mibba.
I needed to tell my story for once, instead of hiding it with someone elses.
January 27th, 2009 at 05:58pm