So I've got to make this tower, right? Well it has to be about a social issue.

I got all my school books today. And since I'm pretty much a nerd I then proceeded to read through all of them. I say 'all of them' but I only have three subjects with textbooks. So only three.

But getting to the point, TOWERS.
My first major assignment in Art is to build a tower. And this tower is meant to represent a social issue, you see.
Which sounds like the faculty are perhaps on some hallucinogenic drug, but I get what they mean [I hope so, anyway]. Then the first piece of theory work is on war art. Think Picasso's Guernica. Or one of Goya's works. So I figure, since I tend to avoid having opinions on social issues [it's much easier this way], I might as well make mine about war, what with their being about twenty pages devoted to it.

I was thinking of perhaps making a tower of bodies. Small bodies, of course. Perhaps the dirty-limbless Barbie's you find in op-shops. However this would require me to actually buy them. Lots of them. And I'm very cheap.
So then second idea is to make the tower out of a bunch of arms. Mostly because I make hands out of newspaper. [Dodgy photo, I know]
But then of course, that takes time. And where time is involved, I am incredibly cheap.

And this tower has to be pretty tall. Not huge, but still, pretty big. And that's a lot of hands.
January 29th, 2009 at 11:39am