'The Catcher In The Rye'

Has anyone read this book? If you haven't, well, I suggest you read it then! Haha.

Anyways, I've had this book for quite a while. I wanted to read it, but frankly, I do not like reading books that do not have a summary on either side of the cover. I thought it was going to be boring since my language arts teachers have always said, "It is probably one of the greatest books ever written! I think you should read it!" Read flag, RED FLAG (in my mind, of course)!!!

I forgot about it and eventually lost it in the deep and dark wonders of my room, FOREVER.

Now I'm in eighth grade and felt like looking for it at the school library (which was on Thursday, Jan. 29). And guess what? They totally had it. So I borrowed it right before a couple of nerds got to it. I smiled as I saw the dissapointment in their eyes. The 'beep' of the scanner made one of them wince. I almost felt sorry, that is until I held the book in my hands and stared blankly at the cover. (**THERE WERE NO NERDS, FOR I AM THE NERD**)

"What the hell is THIS about anyways?" I mock-whispered. Which, by the way, did not get me in trouble in any way at all. I looked it up on wikipedia (which, by the way, is a little sign to those of you who didn't read the book to go and read its summary somewhere that is not here, you lazy fuck jk).

I FINISHED it. And I honestly think it is THE best book ever written.
(It kind of reminded me of 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower', by the way).

{And if you haven't read 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' too, check it out, yo! It's written by STEPHEN CHBOSKY. There is some ** ;) ** in it <winkwink>. }

The lesson? :

1. Start cleaning my fucking room. :)

JUST KIDDING.

2. Always read what your weird English suggests for you to read.

NOT SO MUCH...

3. Read? It is good for you. I mean, I turned out GREAT. :)

READ 'THE CATCHER IN THE RYE'
(in libraries near YOU haha).
January 31st, 2009 at 08:53am