My Chemical Romance's Video for Desolation Row

Image

The video offically came out this morning and when I first heard about it, I looked everywhere to get a free sample of it. Sadly, all of those video's were taken down due to copyright (understandable) so I had to end up buying it in the end.

In the new video, It shows what seems like a normal MCR show but as the video progresses things begin to change. What was really gripping about the video was the movement and the way it was filmed. Directed by the same director from Watchmen coming out March 6th 2007, the video hopefully reflects the same kind of technics that the movie will have. In the video, the story line seems to switch from one point of the concert to another. In the email that was sent out by My Chemical Romance, it states that the video "has lots of visual hints to the upcoming Watchmen movie".

Another reason why the video seemed more lively then others to come out in the past year is the general feeling of it. A sense of rush and confusion gave the video more of a plot line even though it obviously did not purposely mean to have one. The way that the band is acting throughout the video also gives off an emotion that almost drives the watcher to want to get up and start moshing themselves. Gerard Way in particular seems into the mood of the video the whole entire time, while Frank Iero (famous for his antics during videos) seems to be having more fun with himself (most displayed during the last scene of the video, pay close attention)

This video has, over night, made it to the top of itunes charts as most purchased video. This is defiantly a must buy for any My Chemical Romance fans or Watchmen fans. The video can be found here-

http://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/browserRedirect?url=itms%253A%252F%252Fax.itunes.apple.com%252FWebObjects%252FMZStore.woa%252Fwa%252FviewVideo%253Fid%253D303585087%2526s%253D143441

and it is defiantly worth a look see, if not worth your money.
January 31st, 2009 at 04:57pm