A fanfiction experiment!

As the title says, a fanfiction experiment. And shameless story 'horing. But that's all right.

So I now I have three stories on mibba.com. Two are complete; two are serious; one is satire.

The satire is complete. It is also part of my fanfiction experiment.

The first story I posted on here was a short-story original-fiction work called "The Fleeting Dark." 16 people read it, there was one comment, and one person subscribed. Not too impressive. But better than nothing.

Now, I'd noticed the excess of bandfiction/fanfiction on this site.
I wrote and posted a satire called "Obsessive Staring," which was Frankie/Gerard (of MCR); and other than the title, I gave very few hints (in the descriptions) that it would be a parody.

I posted it on Jan. 25, and since then, only one person has commented and no one has subscribed. (Perhaps they turned back when they realized it was satire, or just didn't find it worth commenting on nonetheless.)

But sixty-two people have read it. Wow.

My other two original fics, combined, have gotten less than half that.

I find that just really weird.

Are those original stories of mine just uninteresting at a glance, or do a lot of people really love bandfiction? Or were people just lazy or just curious that day?

Maybe it's just a question of genre and subject matter. One of my friends posted a story about a high school outcast, who meets a gay kid - there's drama and romance and attempted rape and much, much more, folks! ...It has a huge following. Should I try it? =P

If you're interested:
Dreamers Often Lie
The Fleeting Dark

Cheers,
Liz
February 3rd, 2009 at 07:33pm