Birthday/Sonny Moore/Desolation Row

Whoa, I haven't written a journal since...30th of October 2008?, that is disgraceful. But then again, I tend to get all my journal ideas when I'm trying to get to sleep, and then I'm either too tired and nearly asleep, or just plain lazy.

So yesterday was my birthday, yes, I turned the big one five. Being fifteen is so much better than being fourteen, it's only one extra number, but I feel way more grown up, haha, even though that sounds immature. Of course I don't like getting older, but I don't express my annoyance with growing up because everyone knows it's going to happen, so why whine about how you're so old and your face is sagging? I really don't care, I just like being fifteen, haha. Okay, so here's the part where I say all the cool presents that I got, well, I got The Hills season one and two, yeah that may be some-what of a superficial and over-hyped television show, but I find it incredibly entertaining. I also got the movie Girl, Interrupted, it's one of my favourite films ever and I absolutely love Angelina Jolie, her acting is incredible in that movie and I'm no lesbian but damn, she's hot. Then to top off those three great gifts I got a pink vibrating massager, haha, yes, that title could be interpreted in so many ways. And what would a birthday be without chocolates? I got this massive ass box of chocolates, since I'm such a big chocolate lover you can only imagine how stoked I was to get that. As well as $30, I still have more to come believe it or not, my mother is never happy with what she gets me so she keeps buying me things until she's satisfied, not that I mind or anything. ;)

As for what I actually did for my birthday, well, I was at my sister's house all day because she did my hair for me (she's an ex-hairdresser of 7 years), which looks gorgeous, too bad about my face huh? Hahahaha, anywho. I hung out all day there with my sister and nieces and whatnot, and then last night I went bowling with my mum, sister and best friend, I lost all the games as always, and when I went to bowl I slipped over in the lane, so humiliating but my mum, sister and friend pissed themselves laughing, so that was a laugh and a half, and we chose some awesome music from the jukebox, I believe it consisted of Panic at the disco, Muse, Kings of Leon, Fall out boy, Paramore, My Chemical Romance and a few more, they have a good selection considering the place looks 100 years old. Then after bowling we went to Red Rooster for dinner, that was fun, a boy was mopping the floors, he looked about 16 or older, he was pretty cute, we giggled about him like stupid schoolgirls, and here is where I slap myself, ahah. Then we finished there around 9.30pm, and we decided to quickly rush to the video store, we got there just before they closed, which was awesome, then we just chilled out here. ;)

I watched the film clip for Sonny Moores song 'Mora', and damn I was impressed. Put aside the fact that his voice now sounds like a chipmunk on crack, the video was interesting, reminded me a bit of Kanye West's "Love Lockdown" or whatever, what with the randoms beating those drums and the fluoro-ness, but the song overall is also interesting, as is his other music, very electro, and I think it's mainstream material, I wouldn't be surprised if they played 'Mora' on tv. That would be cool. I really don't care about 'Ew that band is mainstream, I hate them', I think I'm a little more mature than that.

Also, My Chem's new song/video, may I say is incredible! I love the punk-ness they've brought back in themselves, although I don't think it ever really left, as I think it was just tucked away in a drawer until the time was right. As Gerard said alot of people he's played My Chem's new stuff for have said it sounds like the Sex Pistols, which for me is very exciting and maybe even more exciting for my mother, as she is a big fan of the Sex Pistols and pretty much anything remotely punk, then again I guess that's what you get for growing up in the UK right? The video is insane, and I think I speak for alot of people when I say that My Chem + getting arrested = hot. That sounds really teenie-ish but whatever, it is. I can't wait for more new material. And I can't wait for The Watchmen movie, even though, honestly it's not my usual taste, it looks pretty damn cool. I guess Jeffrey Dean Morgan could have something to do with it, aha.

Phew, that was a bit long.
xo.
February 4th, 2009 at 09:44am