The Loneliness That Consumes Us All...

Sometimes, as I wait for my siblings to arrive home and for my parents to get home from work, I feel as if I am alone in the world. I try to smile and keep them out of my thoughts but, as usual, thoughts of something tragic happening to them comes to my mind. I struggle to keep myself under control and to prevent myself from seeking them out. You see, there is this thing in my family in which we cant really tell how we feel. My dad sort of sees it as a weakness. No, not a weakness, more like a shameful thing to do. He has always said that whatever happens to me in life, whatever I do. I must never, EVER, look down or take it back.

Even so, when they get home, I can't help running to my mom and giving her the hugest kiss anyone could give their mother. She just smiles and gently pushes me away, she says I'm too old for kisses. I look at my dad and I punch his shoulder playfully with a stupid grin on my face and he punches my arm in return. That is how we greet one another. My sister arrives late as usual, soccer practice takes up a lot of her time. She's younger than me but she has a more busy schedule than mine. My brother is part of his middle school's leadership program and he's as late as my sister. Yeah, you must be wondering "What on earth does she do with herself?" or "Has she no life?!" The answers to that are that, I take care of my house and family. I do have my own life, but as of late, i see no point in going out.

Loneliness is a strong emotion, it can drive you to do the greatest things in life or it can take you down the wrong path. Yeah, you might be thinking I have no reason to be lonely because I have this great family and a wonderful boyfriend who spoils me endlessly. But even people like me feel lonely. If I were to lose all these important people; I think I'd be completely lost. Life is a hard game in which you can set the pattern it takes but must make the right and wrong choices. You can choose to be lonely and wait for the moment when someone might save you, you can choose to be someone else entirely and seek out a new path or you can choose to end it. There are many choices out there, so many options.... you just need to find them...
February 5th, 2009 at 08:50pm