Hodgkins Lymphoma Disease in my 6 year old nephew.

Technically he's not my nephew, but my fiance's nephew. He's still family to me.

I got home from school today with my boyfriend, joking around about school and grades and such when we got into the kitchen. Kathy was sitting at the island and told him(Jeffrey, my fiance) to sit down, that she had something to tell him. I knew she wasn't talking to just him, but it was hard to focus on anything, with the way she was in tears.

Luke, Jeffrey's nephew, his brother Joshua's youngest son who is 6 years old, went to the hospital today because he's been sick. The doctor's told his mother that all of his lymph nodes were swollen. They told her that they were going to take tests and that the blood tests would take 3-5 days to come back, but that he'd call her at 4:30 today to let her know what the urine test came back with.

Luke is autistic, he has a very hard time at school and home and he's been on medication to help calm him down and help his moods so he can be better understood. The meds that he was on were to help him sleep and what not at night. The theory is that these meds hid this disease from the doctors, taking the excessive grogginess as a side effect.

I'll update as soon as I know and I don't believe in God, but I do believe in good Karma. If you guys pray, or send thoughts, I don't care. I just don't want Luke to have this. Please just be kind and do whatever makes you feel like you're helping.
February 5th, 2009 at 09:57pm