Never should I wake up thinking it'll be a good day

This morning my mother woke me up offering food and a trip to buy a flat iron -which I have been in need of one for a while now- and even though I'd only been asleep a few short hours I got up happily.
I got up slowly hearing mom buzzing around the house as she usually does.
As I finally started to get ready, I'd just pulled on my pants, my mom starts knocking on my door.
I pull it open to see a very distraught looking mom who looks me in the eyes and says, "Cassie, Lisa's dead."
How do you react to that?
Your friend -one of my best friends- is dead.
I'd known her since I was like seven.
God I'd been one of the worst friends ever.
I've hardly talked to her in the past year or so and I tried not to think about her because I always worried about her. Hoped she was doing well. Wished for her to be happy.
And my mind doesn't like to be plagued with unselfish thoughts.

She was the basis for the character Alessa in Take This To Your Grave. She was the beautiful blonde that never ceased to amaze me.
She and I seemed to be attached at the hip at one point. There was no Cassie or Lisa it was Cassie And Lisa.

I miss her so much already
Her at our 8th grade prom, my mom took the picture
Image

You shine brighter than anyone
Lisa-Marie Larson
July 17, 1989- February 5, 2009

"It'll grow back."

PS- To my readers, I'm not sure what this will do to my writing so forgive me if the next updates take a while.
February 6th, 2009 at 08:44pm