Life *head desk*

Ugh.

At this point my life is solely that ugly sound...at this point banging my head into a wall until I hit oblivion in one form or another seems like a beautifully enticing dream.

I just turned 18, and guess what--I am now being demanded to make all these decisions!

Okay, in all fairness, it was never really that sudden. I guess I was just avoiding it all. I just wanted to disappear--make it all go away and go back to the times when all I had to worry about was staying in the damn lines....which I could never really do anyway.

I'm about to graduate and start college this summer, but before all of that can even be thought about, I'm drowning in the simple things I have to do now.

I'm in a kind of club called Academic Decathlon. Basically you get information on a place/time/event and study your ass off. After, you get your brains fried in multiple testing sessions all for a chance at getting an award.

Don't get me wrong! I absolutely love every aspect of what I'm studying....the testing? Not so much.

Not only that I have to keep up with three classes that are overwhelming me. One of those is for a college credit so I have to do all I can in it. The other is English Lit. and French Two.

My procrastination is now my damnation. I'm having to spend most if not all trying to keep up and be as good an employee as I can be.

Trust me, if I could quit my job I would, but I need the money for college. So I'm keeping it. *sighs* I always thought growing up would be easy. How wrong was I?

I guess it's not all bad, but it sure as heck gets noisy in my head with all the stuff I'm being told/reminded/demanded to do. I'm just hoping it'll get a little easier.
February 12th, 2009 at 08:35pm