Day before Valentines...

Its the day before Valentines day...

Definition: Valentine's Day is often refered to as St. Valentine's Day. There were two Saints attributed to the naming of the holiday. Both men were imprisoned and killed for being Christians in the 3rd century A.D. One story goes that one of the Saints wrote a letter to his jailer's daughter for her kindness and signed it 'your Valentine'.
A more likely story is that both Saints died on February 14, which in Roman times was the night before a festival called Lupercalia.
This Roman festival had a lot to do with fertility and probably some of those customs got attached to the modern day celebrations of Valentine's Day.
Today, it is a day to tell people you love them and exchange Valentine's cards.

I must tell you... I'm looking forward to Valentines day, but i'm also not looking forward to it...
Why am I not looking forward to it?
1. Because I don't have a date.. no boyfriend means no roses ...
2. I have to work from 10am - 6pm! ... not fun..

Why am I looking forward to it?
1. Because I love Valentines day period!
2. I will get chocolate
3. And i will get special little cards that say cute little valentines sayings =)

... I will probably listen to Please Be Mine, by the Jonas Brothers all day long..

I will write again when Valentines Day is over and let you know how it went...

Happy Valentines Day Everyone! =)

Hannah
February 13th, 2009 at 03:47pm