Grey's Anatomy

Last night I was watching this Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice cross over thing on ABC, and one of the characters from PP said something that really just scared me. It downright terrified me to think of it. She (don't know who she was, sorry) said something to the effect of "someday, you'll have to accept that you can no longer have friends of the opposite sex".

The reason this scared me so much is that one of my best friends is a guy. If one day I had to give our entire friendship up for a boyfriend, I don't know if I would be able to do it! This guy is the one person that I'm extremly close with, can talk to about anything and see on a regular basis. He's about as permanent in my life as a sibling!

Does this really happen to people out there? It's just weird to think about because I never see older women with male best friends which could just be the time period they grew up in or whatever but still, will I grow up to be like that? Is there really going to be someone out there who would make me give up this friend? What if one of his girlfriends persuades him to stop hanging around me? What will happen after high school to not only him but all of my friends?

I don't think we realize how good we have it in high school until we're gone.

This whole "real world" concept sucks.
February 14th, 2009 at 05:48am