I met my idol - Monte Money. $$$

So, last night was pretty much amazing.

The Masquerade wasn't very crowded at first, but Attack Attack! came on first and they rocked what little crowd they had. It was pretty badass.
- Burn Halo was next. I'm not going to lie, they were okay. But the lead singer's mic kept going out, and they couldn't really get the crowd going at all. I felt so bad for them, because if they had enough stage presence they would have been good.
- Then Black Tide came out. They had amazing stage presence, and for guys in high school/just graduated, they can shred on the guitars like nobody. I was pleasantly surprised.
- And then there was Escape The Fate. The place got dark, and then police sirens came on and the theme to "Cops" started playing. I was like...what? But then the guys came out and brought the house down! I'm not even kidding, or exaggerating. They did a Wall Of Death while playing "The Guillotine", and that did it. Everyone went absolutely insane! It was so amazing, and they did an incredible set.

We waited around after the show, looking for band people and leftover picks. Went to get pics with Burn Halo, and then guess who walked his little badass self over to the bar? Robert Ortiz. So we ran over there to get pics, and he said something about when you do a peace sign in England it's basically flicking someone off here. I dunno if that's true.

Steven Spence is pretty much amazing. He's the drummer for Black Tide, and I bought two CD's. He said he "might be falling in love", which made me happy. Haha. But I got a picture with him and Austin Diaz.

Met Monte Money, who I have been wanting to meet for a really long time. He is so nice. I spotted Craig Mabbit by the stage so we ran over there and finally met him and took pics. I almost died right then. because I've loved him for a long time. Blessthefall & The Word Alive are two of my favorite bands because of him.

Then Max Green came out, all badass and drinking beer. I love the way he takes pictures. His facial expressions are great.

Overall, my night was AMAZING. I still cannot get over the fact that I met one of my favorite bands. It makes me so happy. :)
February 18th, 2009 at 09:51pm