Walls-rid of them!

Just so everyone knows, this is the first one i've written that contains factual and religious stuff..so don't read it or yell at me if it offends your lifestyle, which i tried really hard not to. But if you are strongly against Christianity, then just don't wast your time by getting all ticked at me. well thanks for reading again, everyone! I'm still open for suggestions! If anyone wants me to write on a particular subject, just let me know!

Special thanks to my Pastor Price as he has been an inspiration to me for this writing. His services are always AMAZING!

One of the greatest things we face in life is self doubt. Our insecurities tend to take over what we're actually capable of. We get so caught up in the bad things about life that we build walls around ourselves. We build walls to keep things from getting worse than what we think they are. We build walls because we are searching to be loved, and we want the strength to love others. We keep walls because we are too afraid to let anyone in to hurt us. Truth is, we're only hurting ourselves.

The walls we build are to keep 'safe.' We think that if we surround ourselves with walls, then we'll help ourselves. We are truely just keeping ourselves in, and others out. Those of us with walls only hunger for love. We probably have faced that love and held on so tight that when we lost it, we had to do whatever possible to keep that hurt from coming to us again.

Does anyone remember what happened to China? (yes, i know i'm getting factual, but..) The Great Wall of China was origionally built to keep people out. Well how many times was China invaded? Three times within about one hundred years, right? The interesting part is, it wasn't even invaded in the way that you'd think it would have been. It wasn't by breaking through the wall, or climbing over..but a simple act of bribing the gate keeper.

My point is that by building walls to keep people out, makes people more eagre to get in; which makes there more of a chance for you to get hurt. People only build walls because they want to let someone in, but are too scared. And then the next thing you know, the wrong person is breaking in, and you're even worse off than before. Integrity provides protection on its own.

Onto religion...We are saved by grace. We cannot earn our way into heaven. When God can get it through you, he will get it to you. When he can make you understand that we are all equal and we're saved by his grace, he will get our strength to us. Because if we believe that we can be strong, then that instantly makes us strong. God is a god of second chances and he will give you a new beginning. God wants you to see your own inner North Star. He wants you to be your own guide to live the best way of life; his way.You are what you are because of him and who he is.

However, you cannot change a person. We always see the good in people before we see the bad. The bad in things always hides themselves. Because we see passed the bad, we pay the ultimate price for our mistakes. The bad is staring us right in the eye, and we don't care. We push it to the side and move on with our lives on all of the good things. If we ignore the bad now, it will only come back to us later. Karma.

Only a fool rejects wisdom and good advice. You may have been stepped on and torn, but it doesn't matter what lies you've believed, or what your past holds. You have to know that you are valuable and that how you do what you do reflects who you are, no matter what you've endured.
February 19th, 2009 at 04:12am